Whole Wheat Cornbread Muffins are still moist and classically sweet without white flour, dairy or processed sugar. Perfect alongside chili or toasted and spread with jam at breakfast!
THIS POST CONTAINS AMAZON AFFILIATE LINKS. IF YOU MAKE A PURCHASE THROUGH A LINK I PROVIDE, I GET A SMALL COMMISSION WHICH DOES NOT AFFECT YOUR PRICE OR PURCHASE EXPERIENCE AT ALL. THANK YOU FOR SUPPORTING THE CHEERFUL KITCHEN.
These beautiful mini bundt shaped corn bread muffins can absolutely be made in regular muffin tins. I just hadn’t used this pretty little muffin tin in a while, and I thought these Whole Wheat Cornbread Muffins would be the perfect muffins to break it out again for.
Aren’t they cute?!
When I’m not making my GLUTEN-FREE GRAIN-FREE CORN BREAD, this recipe right here for Whole Wheat Cornbread Muffins is my guy.
Tips for the best Whole Wheat Cornbread Muffins
- Don’t over bake! Whole wheat cornbread is going to be naturally a bit more dense than those made with white flour, so you want to make sure they are JUST baked. This will keep them moist and tender.
- Don’t over mix! Over mixing your batter will result in a denser cornbread muffin.
- Don’t be afraid! Seriously, everyone seems so shy of whole wheat flour, but I really prefer the nuttier, fuller flavor it gives. Try it out!
- Don’t under grease! If you are using pretty muffin tins like I did, or if you are using a regular muffin tin but no liners, make sure those tins are good and greased so the muffins don’t stick and crumble when you try to remove them.
Try these affordable and beautiful muffin pans!
Check out these other healthy cornbread recipes from great food bloggers!
Need something to serve with your Whole Wheat Cornbread Muffins? I’ve got you covered!
- Healthy Chicken Tortilla Soup
- Classic Chicken Noodle Soup
- Slow Cooker Beef Chili with Sweet Potatoes
- The Best Quinoa + Black Bean Chili