High Protein Breakfast Tacos are full of high protein, meatless ingredients that will fuel your body right so you can tackle your day with energy. Plus, they are meal prep friendly!
THIS POST CONTAINS AMAZON AFFILIATE LINKS. IF YOU MAKE A PURCHASE THROUGH A LINK I PROVIDE, I GET A SMALL COMMISSION WHICH DOES NOT AFFECT YOUR PRICE OR PURCHASE EXPERIENCE AT ALL. THANK YOU FOR SUPPORTING THE CHEERFUL KITCHEN.
If you know me, you know I’m BIG into ethnic food.
I’m always down for Thai food, an Indian food buffet is one of my favorite things, Persian restaurants make me happy, and real Chinese food is a go-to. But when it comes to my FAVORITE ethnic food, I will choose Mexican food every time.
Now, I currently live in Oklahoma where they do NOT have much authentic Mexican food. There is Tex-Mex all over the place, but authentic tacos? I haven’t actually seen them yet, although I’m told they exist if you go to the right place.
I make a mean homemade enchilada, so that particular craving is covered. I will share my Homemade Enchilada Sauce recipe soon!!
While Breakfast Tacos are not really “authentic” Mexican food, they do call my name ALL THE TIME. And I answer pretty much every time.
Should I feel bad about eating tacos for breakfast?
No! High Protein Breakfast Tacos are actually a really excellent breakfast choice, and here’s why!
They are full of high-protein, fiber and vitamin loaded ingredients that will fuel your body, get your digestive system up and running, and give you the energy you need to tackle your day.
Whether you have one, two or three (three for me) is totally up to you and your body, but you can be sure that you will be satisfied until lunch time.
Too often we eat a skimpy “healthy” breakfast thinking we’re doing something good for our bodies. But what happens? You’re starving well before lunch time! So you snack on whatever is available, and then you have a big lunch.
Women’s Health Magazine states that one study shows it’s much better for your BMI to make your morning meal your heaviest meal. That line of thought is further confirmed in a study done by The Journal of Nutrition at Oxford Academic which concluded that healthy adults who make breakfast their largest meal and don’t snack between meals have a better chance of preventing long term weight gain than adults with other eating habits.
In conclusion: Eat 3 tacos for breakfast.
This is my favorite go-to High Protein Breakfast Taco for three reasons:
- It doesn’t have any meat in it.
– Meat makes me feel kind of weighed down, and I just prefer not to eat meat in the morning, but this breakfast taco is not lacking in protein to fill me up!
- It’s so easy to meal prep.
– Each element can be made ahead of time, with the exception of the scrambled eggs, which means that I can prepare these High Protein Breakfast Tacos in five minutes every morning of the week!
- Each of the ingredients can do double duty if I make a big batch.
– The Healthy Refried Beans can be served along any Mexican inspired dinner and the leftovers used for breakfast tacos.
– The 6 Ingredient Restaurant Style Salsa is one of my favorite late night snacks and takes about 5 minutes to make.
– Cheese can be purchased shredded in a huge bag or just pre-shredded at home (my preferred method), and then it’s ready to add to any number of meals.
– Corn tortillas are great for making quesadillas, enchiladas, turkey wraps for lunch, oven taquitos… I buy a huge bag and always have some on hand!
I always put a few good dashes of hot sauce on these High Protein Breakfast Tacos (or really any taco), but you can leave that off if spice isn’t your thing.
Want to try out some other vegetarian breakfast tacos? Here are some great ideas from other food bloggers like me!
Here are a few items to help you live your best Taco Life.
Other recipes used in these High Protein Breakfast Tocos: