We are headed out of town today again. This time we are going to spend the weekend in Morro Bay with our best friends. Sammy and I have known each other for 11 years. We met in school and then we were roommates for a while after and best friends forever after. When we found our men they formed a friendship just as strong as mine and Sammy’s, so now we are one happy four-some and we try to get together as much as possible even though our paths have moved us away from each other.
You’d think that going on vacation would make me want to forget all the things I do on a regular basis and just relax, but when I go away I always have lofty goals of making something really great for a blog post while I’m there. I don’t know why I think that’s doable on vacation since these little posts are a lot more time consuming than you’d believe. But I will still try. It’s all for you guys. Love ya’.
I hope you all are helped by these meal plans as much as I am. Let me know what you think of the recipes I’ve chosen! Are they too complicated or time consuming for you? Do they fit right in with your evening? Either way, I’d love to hear about it. If you have any questions, please just ask away. I’m dying to hear what you all think.
CLICK ON THE NAME OF THE DISH TO BE TAKEN TO THE RECIPE
*NOTE – All shopping list ingredients will be for serving TWO-FOUR people, depending on how much you eat, no matter how many the recipe says it serves.
Recipes are from Wendy Polisi and Damn Delicious, respectively.
Download Shopping List → [download-attachment id=”936″ title=”roastedgarlictomatolentilsaladwithbakedlemonbuttertilapia”]
1) You can use any other white fish that you like if you don’t like or can’t find Tilapia.
2) Most stores sell lentils in the bulk section so you can buy just the amount you need. However, there is another recipe on this week’s meal plan that calls for lentils. So, you can just buy the bag if you are making both.
Monday – Pesto Baked Chicken
Recipe from Simply Sissom.
Download Shopping List → [download-attachment id=”941″ title=”pestobakedchicken”]
1) This recipe has only four ingredients and comes together in minutes. Then you just put it in the oven and let it cook!
Tuesday – Slow Cooker Zuppa Toscano
Recipe from The Chunky Chef.
Download Shopping List → [download-attachment id=”945″ title=”slowcookerzuppatoscano”]
1) This recipe calls for Hot Italian Sausage, but you can easily substitute Sweet Italian Sausage or any other sausage you like. Chicken sausage would be good and would make this lower calorie.
2) There is a wonderful time saving ingredient in this recipe. It says to buy a bag of pre-cut potatoes mixed with diced onions. If you can’t find that or don’t want to use it, just cut up your own potatoes and onions.
Wednesday – One Pot Baked Ziti
Recipe from Kitchen Nostalgia.
Download Shopping List → [download-attachment id=”942″ title=”onepotbakedziti”]
1) This recipe gives instructions like “3 cups crushed tomatoes” and “one cup ricotta cheese” which are not very helpful from a shopping perspective. I’ve approximated those amounts for you on your shopping list in terms of the size of cans and containers you should buy.
Thursday – Lentil & Sweet Potato Stew
Recipe from Eat Yourself Skinny.
Download Shopping List → [download-attachment id=”943″ title=”lentilsweetpotatostew”]
1) Most stores sell lentils in the bulk section so you can buy just the amount you need. However, there is another recipe on this week’s meal plan that calls for lentils. So, you can just buy the bag if you are making both.
Friday – Slow Cooker Pulled Pork Sandwiches with Coleslaw
Recipes from Chef Savvy and Inspired Taste, respectively.
Download Shopping List → [download-attachment id=”949″ title=”pulledporksandwicheswithcoleslaw”]
1) Each of these recipes serves a lot of people, so I’ve halved them for the shopping list. Remember to halve everything in the recipe when making them.
2) I always buy the pre-shredded packages of coleslaw mix instead of chopping everything up myself. If you want to do that, then just use the recipe for the dressing. Again, don’t forget to halve the ingredients in the recipe!
Saturday – Day off! Eat out or order in.
In case you missed them, here are all the downloadable shopping lists again:
Value food and cheer and song